Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mary Tierney

My genealogy program tells me today that born in Dungog, NSW, 166 years ago on 13th September, 1845 was my 2x Great Aunt, Mary Tierney. Mary married a Samuel Thompson and was living in Bourke, NSW at the time of her father's death in 1894.

Beyond that I have no information on Mary. It is quite a while since I have given any thought to Mary and her family so I will see what I can find to add to her story.

The Dates and Anniversaries page on my genealogy software program is something I forget to use, I must remember to consult it more often. Ancestors' anniversaries  provide an opportunity to highlight them in blog posts.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thanks for the reminder. I've just switched mine on again. I've recently merged a few files and had forgotten about this feature.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...