Saturday, April 7, 2012

Col. John Campbell JP (1770-1827) of Lochend and Bungarribee, NSW, Australia

I noticed a post from a fellow member of the Rootstech Parramatta list about John Campbell and offered to  post the request on this blog. My offer was accepted.

Should you have any information please contact the researcher directly by email at bungarribee@optusnet.com.au. The message follows:

Hello,

 As I near completion of collecting and transcribing source documents,  to
 assist with an accurate portrayal of John and Annabella Campbell,  and
Bungarribee… am hoping to make contact with descendants,  in the search
 for early letters and documents (or anything at all).

John Campbell of Lochend (a Title rarely used if at all in Australia),
grew up on the estate of Ardmaddy Castle,  and like his father and
grandfather,  was also a Chamberlain,  working for Lord MacDonald on Skye.
He then farmed privately at Kingsburgh,  when c.1816,  the family took up
residence at Lochend (ie., Kinlochlaich),  Appin (owned since the early
1800s).  Appin was their second home,  where they had maintained dual
residences since the late 1790s.





2 comments:

Suzy Bushell said...

Hi.


My name is Suzy Bushell. I am a descendant of Col John Campbell. By his son Patrick Frederick Campbell. It's on my dads maternal line she was a Campbell.

My email address: lillybushell@gmail.com

Suzy Bushell

GeniAus said...

Suzy, If you contact the email address in the post above I am sure that the writer would be thrilled to hear from you

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...