Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Chosen : the Jews in Australia

I mentioned in my other blog that on the weekend I had ordered a secondhand copy of "Jews in Australia" by Hilary Rubinstein (as well as 7 other Australian history books.

An Australian genealogist who follows that blog commented "Hi Jill, if the book Chosen: The Jews in Australia mentions my ancestor, Esther Spencer/Stubbs/Bigge (nee Salamon) I'd love to hear about it."

The book arrived yesterday and I am sorry to report that the detailed index does not contain any references to the lady in question.  My bundle of books that arrived promptly from Brotherhood books promises to keep me amused for quite some time.

3 comments:

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Jill, you might also find the book I wrote about the other day very interesting in this context.

Louis Kessler said...

Jill,

One of my presentations on February 16 on the 3rd Unlock the Past Cruise will be on Jewish Genealogy.

Louis

Janelle Collins said...

Thanks for the look-up, Jill. Much appreciated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...