Friday, September 20, 2013

A Fair Day

Even if I get nothing else out of the remainder of Conference presentations I have learnt enough at The Family History Fair today to last me for quite a while. I chose well with the two workshops I attended: The Trove Materclass and The Writing a Non-boring Family History Workshop were both excellent with personable and competent presenters who shared their information well.

There were so many stands at the Fair that I did not get around to taking snaps of them all but I will do so tomorrow. As is my practice I won't be writing a lot during the course of this event but I will share a few photos for those who weren't able to travel to Canberra for the event.

A Purple shirt provided a warm welcome and directions as we arrived.
Earlybirds arrive
First stall I visited
Enjoyed meeting the people from Ryde where I'm presenting next month
Purple shirts on the job
Smooth registration process
The Trove team
Helen Smith grinning like a Cheshire Cat after winning a coveted Trove mug
Rosemary Kopittke at Unlock the Past's huge stand
Pretty Chart Templates here
Joy Murrin had a discount for attendees

Exhibitors from North
and exhibitors from the south
Familysearch offering assistance
Hazel Edwards
Hazel's first slide - her presentation was definitely non-boring

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Looks like so much fun, and I wish I'd known earlier that my friend Nikki (on the trove team, long hair & glasses hiding at the back of your photo) was going to be there cause I would have asked you to give her a hug for me!

Rosemary said...

I love the "Anecdultery" slide.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...