Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A Minority Group at Rootstech

Salt Lake City, 6 February 2017

This evening we held the Annual Commonwealth Dinner for members of the British Commonwealth attending Rootstech. We had over 30 people representing Australia, Canada, England, New Zealand and Scotland gather at The Blue Lemon for a meal and a chat. A few more Genies from the Commonwealth will be arriving in Salt Lake City in the next few days but we Commonwealth People are still a minority group at Rootstech.

I ran around like a mad thing taking photos of those at the event and realise I missed one or two.

I think everyone came away having made some new genimates, meeting online friends in person for the first time or catching up with distant friends. It was pleasing to see The Society of Australian Genealogists and The Surname Society so well represented. Thanks to everyone who made the party such a success.

Following are some of the happy snaps I took of the attendees.















3 comments:

Alona Tester said...

It was a great night. Caught up with friends from past RootsTech's, and made new one too. Thanks Jill.

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

A few new genimates for me.

Louis Kessler said...

I was so glad that a few of you stuck around long enough until I was able to get there. I was also pleasantly surprised to see first Alan and then Jennie in the short distance from the TRAX to the Blue Lemon for a nice Australian welcome to Salt Lake City.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...